Lawn and garden watering make up nearly 40% of total household water use during the summer. A rain barrel collects water and stores it for when you need it most — during periods of drought — to water plants, wash your car, or to top a swimming pool. It provides an ample supply of free ‘soft water’ to homeowners, containing no chlorine, lime or calcium making it ideal for gardens, flower pots, and car and window washing.
A rain barrel will save most homeowners about 1,300 gallons of water during the peak summer months. Saving water not only helps protect the environment, it saves you money and energy (decreased demand for treated tap water). Diverting water from storm drains also decreases the impact of runoff to streams and the Tennessee River. A rain barrel is an easy way for you to help our environment and have a consistent supply of clean, fresh water for outdoor use, FREE.
Drain Right Guttering offers high quality rain barrels and can install them with new or existing guttering systems.
Features of environmentally friendly Drain Right Rain Barrels:
- 5-Year Guarantee
- Capacity: 54 gallons, weight 20 pounds
- Height: 36 inches, diameter 23 inches
- Two dispensing points allow simultaneous hose & spigot access
- Brass threaded spigot and other high-quality components will withstand harsh weather and wear for years
- Screened automatic overflow and six-foot diverter hose (can be extended to almost any length with standard sump pump hose)
- Connect two or more barrels together (via overflow hose) with our linking adaptor
- Secure ‘closed design’ prevents accidental drowning
- 1/4″ thick, UV-protected, new material polyethelyne plastic
- Screened water intake port prevents insect and debris entry
- Color- Chestnut Green or Terra Cotta